A step-by-step guide for compliance in the new year
2021 was a year of change — and that went for sales tax regulations, too. There were more than 600 sales tax rule and rate changes in the past year alone. And with 46 different nexus laws and more than 11,000 sales tax jurisdictions, it’s never been more challenging to keep up with the complexities of sales tax compliance.
That’s why we’ve created a guide that gives you the most up to date information on what you need to do to stay compliant. It includes not only important sales tax fundamentals, but also regulatory changes you’ll want to be aware of — and trends to be on the lookout for in 2022 and beyond.
In this guide you'll learn:
- How to determine where you have sales tax nexus
- How to verify your products/services are subject to sales tax
- When to register for a sales tax permit
- How to set up sales tax collection on your online store or marketplace
- When to report how much sales tax you've collected
- How to file a sales tax return